Thursday, April 24, 2008

I Fucking Hate Maureen Dowd

There are lots of reasons I should like Maureen Dowd. She's a woman, she's a liberal, she supports Obama, she's snarky (kind of...), she's also a fake red-head.

But I don't.

Her writing is totally inane. She's way more concerned with how awesome she (thinks she) is than actually writing good opinion pieces. Her pieces, when they have a point, never have a very good one, and usually get there in some stupid way.

Look. I'm no rabid Obama-lover. I really like him. I also really like Hillary. The point is that Dowd's piece, linked to in the title of this post, is extremely detrimental to both of them.

According to Maureen "my cynicism and hyper-judgemental-ness is more important than having a message in my political opinion pieces" Dowd, Hillary is conniving, emasculating, and has no desire but to take the party with her if she has to go down, while Barack is whiny, losing steam, and not enough of the leader we thought he was to make Hillary "go away."

Even more damaging, Dowd both portrays Hillary as buying into the misogynist invective slung at her every fraction of a second, saying that Hillary sends a message that Barack isn't "enough of a man" to "put me in my place" (in her place? What the fucking motherfucking fuck?!) AND Dowd portrays herself as buying into Hillary's claims that Barack must be inferior to Clinton as a leader because he can't "seal the deal."

Dear Hillary Clinton, Maureen Dowd and all the people who buy her shit,
Your point that Barack must be an inferior leader to Hillary because he can't "shake her off" is an absurdly blatant logical fallacy (didn't a bunch of you go to law school? Have you heard of fallacies? It has nothing to do with fellatio, stop looking at me like that). Hillary Clinton hobviously can't "seal the deal" EITHER. So much so that she's still losing the primary contest by hundreds of delegates.

So shut up with this groping for reasons why one is suddenly a failure and the other isn't. They can't "seal the deal" because they're both incredible candidates that would make amazing Presidents and really want a chance to prove it. THAT'S why, you morons.

Also, to all those Barack supporters who whine about how Hillary's damaging the ability of the party to be legit and present a united front: every time you Hillary-bash, you're doing THE EXACT SAME THING. Suck it up already.

--Rant terminated--
Sphere: Related Content

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Why can't I just eat my damn waffle?

Jessica said...

Also, there is something hypersexual about Hillary Clinton supposedly wanting (in Dowd Land) Barack Obama to "put her in her place." I therefore conclude that Ms. Dowd needs to get laid more often. Probably by a Republican.

Meredith Barrett Walsh said...

just because your into that Jessica, doesn't mean that the rest of the world is.

Alexandra said...

Lately, I like politics a lot less than I thought I did.

Maggie said...

Merry, you kick linguistic as well as political ass. I owe you a big email.