Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Snark Nation

Welcome to Snark Nation!

As a proud parent of Snark Nation, allow me to explain the simple yet ridiculously motivating force behind this little piece of cyberspace heaven: most political blogs really, really suck. Seriously. They're terrible. I mean, as much as I love reading what professional bloggers have to say about this morning's Washington Post op-ed, and argue with themselves about whether telecom immunity in FISA is actually a big deal or whether the ACLU is just acting like a neglected middle child, frankly, political blogs have turned into one giant clusterfuck of a therapy session wherein otherwise unemployed Political Science majors and law school rejectees pretend they know things about how politics "works."

I know, life is tough. That career you could have had as a strategist at a top DC firm mocks you every day as you drag your hungover ass from your bed and start perusing the internet for stuff to make fun of. How could this have happened? You have that degree hanging on your wall and everything! I know you're bitter. (You probably also cling to your guns and religion in a vain attempt to fill the soul-sucking void in your life.) But let's not forget that no one fucking cares.

This is a blog, not a therapy session. And with that, snark away.
Sphere: Related Content

3 comments:

Merry said...

I here announce my sincere, abiding intention to make as many posts as possible with the tags "clusterfuck" and "hungover."

Jessica said...

Clusterfuck is such a great word.

Alexandra said...

I did not know what it meant until just now, but I agree. Clusterfuck is a great word.